Peach Tree Borers are one of many clear wing borer moths that can attack your valuable fruit and ornamental trees!
Damage is caused when moth larvae tunnel aggressively into roots and trunk; Infestations usually occur 1-2 feet above ground or 2-3 inches below ground.
Our combination lure uses a mixture of pheromones that attract ten different clearwing moth pests common in the garden, greenhouse, or landscape, including:
- Peach Tree Borer (Synanthedon exitiosa)
- Western & Eastern Lilac Borer (Podosesia syringae)
- Rhododendron Borer (Synanthedon rhododendri)
- Dogwood Borer (Synanthedon scitula)
- Sycamore Borer (Synanthedon resplendens)
- Douglas-Fir Borer (Melanophila drummondi)
- Banded Ash Borer (Podosesia aureocincta)
- Oak Borer (Paranthrene simulans)
- Large Red-Belted Borer (Synanthedon myopaeformis)
- Sequoia Moth Borer (Synanthedon sequoiae)
VivaTrap! Peach Tree Borer + Clearwing Moth Traps utilize a strong wet-glue adhesive to retain moths that are attracted to the pheromone lure.
Includes: 2x extra-sticky wet glue traps & 2x lures (2 complete traps)
Instructions: Hang traps in trees at 5-6' height, with care to avoid wind and rain as possible. Use 1 trap for each smaller tree, or 2 for larger trees. Deploy traps in late April, and again in late August for best results. Lure lasts for approximately 8 weeks in summer (80+*F) temperatures, longer in colder climates.
Free USPS shipping with tracking