A biological fungicide developed from a naturally occuring biocontrol microbe!
The organism was discovered by researchers at a leading European University and developed into a user friendly product by the biocontrol team at Verdera in Finland. It is now an approved product in over 15 countries.
- Control or suppression of many root rot and wilt pathogenic fungi. Pythium, Fusarium, Alteraria, Phomopsis, Phizoctonia, Phytophthora, Botrytis. Plants often respond with increased vigor and yield, like a vitamin boost.
- Safe to apply.
- Use on all crops such as vegetables, herbs, ornamentals.
- Easy application by drench or through hydroponic delivery.
- Small packets store for 1 year when frozen.
- EPA registered since 1994.
- Increasingly used by large and small growers.
- Great for Hydroponics!
General use rate: 5/10 milligrams per plant. See label. A 2 gram packet contains 2,000 milligrams.
When applied as a drench or spray the dried spores and mycelium of the Streptomyces culture in Mycostop germinate and begin to grow on and around the plant roots. In doing so, they create a biological defense against root infecting pathogenic fungi which cause disease such as wilt and root rot. Mycostop is used by growers for disease caused by Pythium, Fusarium, Rhizoctonia, Alternaria, Phomopsis, and to a lesser extent for Botrytis and Phytophtora. Mycostop has particularly good activity against Fusarium.
Mycostop is increasingly used as a seed treatment for Pythium, Fusarium, and other seedling pathogens.
Mycostop has been shown to increase plant vigor and yields even in the absense of obvious root pathogen activity. The explanation is that the Streptomyces produce plant root stimulating hormones (which has been demonstrated in the lab) or the Streptomyces contro minor root pathogens which slowly feed on and damage roots.
Manufacturer Studies and Testing
Independent recommendations for use of Mycostop
- Natural Supression of Plant Diseases
- Microbial Control of Soil pathogens
- Mycostop Control Soil Pathogens
- Management Strategies of Pythium
*Not available for shipping to Hawaii
Certified organic by the Organic Materials Review Institute